Working in healthcare and helping others can be enormously fulfilling. Nowadays, people are looking for medical care that doesn’t come with side effects. They prefer to let their bodies cope with diseases that are not dangerous per se by providing minimal support in the form of medicines. Homoeopathy is an area of medicinal practice that is based on the belief that the body can cure and heal itself. Those who practice it use tiny amounts of natural substances, like plants and minerals.
If you wish to pursue a career in homoeopathy, there are bright career prospects in this field both in India and abroad.
FUTURE SCOPE FOR A CAREER IN HOMEOPATHY
- According to reports, homoeopathy has made major advances in regions like the Mediterranean basin, South America, Eastern Europe, and India; growing at a rate of more than 20% every year worldwide. This will create better career options for professionals.
- Many insurance companies are now offering homoeopathic treatments under their comprehensive health insurance policy. Some hospitals in India and Dubai already have homoeopathic departments as part of their Outpatient Departments. This increasing acknowledgement of homoeopathic treatment will create more job opportunities.
- Graduates can become medical officers or doctors at government and private homoeopathic hospitals.
- Professionals can work with AYUSH, the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa and Homeopathy is proposed to develop education, research and propagation of indigenous alternative medicine systems in India.
- There are many more specialisations such as homoeopathic pharmacy, dermatology, psychiatry and infertility existing within the field.
- Professionals can also start up their own clinics, practices and pharmacies.
- Doctors also have the opportunity to get into various industries involved in making drugs and important equipment in homoeopathy.
- Graduates can take up jobs as lecturers in colleges or become research fellows while receiving grants for continuing research.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO STUDY HOMEOPATHY
- Good listening skills
- Open mind and willingness to learn
- Research skills
- Communication skills
CAREERS IN HOMEOPATHY
- Homoeopathic Doctor
- Homoeopathic Medical consultant
- Homoeopathic Professor or Lecturer
- Homoeopathy pharmacist
- Hospital Manager
- Medical Officer
ELIGIBILITY TO DO A DEGREE IN HOMEOPATHY
Students who passed 10+2 from recognised institutions under the science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) can apply for a BHMS degree. Admission to the course is made through various entrance examinations.
- NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test)
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is an all-India pre-medical entrance test for students who wish to pursue undergraduate medical (MBBS), dental (BDS) and AYUSH (BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, etc.) courses in government and private institutions in India
- KEAM (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Entrance)
- TS EAMCET (Telangana State Engineering, Agriculture & Medical (Pharmacy, Veterinary etc.,) Common Entrance Test)
State-level entrance exam conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad for the Telangana State Council of Higher Education.
- AP EAMCET (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture & Medical (Pharmacy, Veterinary etc..) Common Entrance Test)
State entrance exam conducted by the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to determine admission to various professional courses.
TOP COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES IN INDIA AND ABROAD TO STUDY HOMEOPATHY
- The North American College of Homeopathy, USA
- Los Angeles School of Homeopathy, USA
- Northwest College of Homeopathy, UK
- London College of Homeopathy, UK
- Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine, Canada
- National Institute of Homeopathy, India
- Lokmanya Homeopathic Medical College, India
- Government Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, India
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Homeopathic Medical College, India
- Kerala University of Health Sciences, India
FAMOUS PEOPLE CONNECTED WITH HOMEOPATHY
German physician who is known as the founder of Homeopathy. He has been recognised for creating and developing the pseudoscientific system of Homeopathy.
The Founder of Dr Batra’s group of companies, a chain of homoeopathy clinics in 6 countries. He is also well known as a writer of health columns in publications such as The Times of India.
TOP INSTITUTIONS THAT EMPLOY PEOPLE IN THIS FIELD
- Government Homeopathic Clinic
- Homeopathic Research Institutes
- Research Centre
- Homoeopathic nursing homes
- Homoeopathic pharmaceutical companies
- Private clinics
- Research establishments
- Drug manufacturing units
- Drug control sector
- Unani Pharmaceutical companies
- National AYUSH Mission