Do you love working with people and ensuring they have everything they need to perform at their best? Human resource management (HRM) features a variety of functions, including but not limited to hiring, training, managing, and ensuring the development and well-being of employees.
It is a fast-growing area of study, where the job roles are highly lucrative. HR professionals play an important role in providing mental support to employees, and this can help to make up an interactive and comfortable space for employees. In short, Human Resource Management handles the communication between an organisation and its employees.
If you have great communication and interpersonal skills, then this is an excellent career opportunity.
FUTURE SCOPES FOR STUDY IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- An HR graduate can work in management positions in various consulting and professional services. Government institutions also recruit HR professionals through the PSU exam.
- Banking & Finance, Media, Telecommunications, Education & Training, Insurance, Hospitality & Tourism sectors hire HR professionals in various positions.
- Since the pandemic began, the hiring processes of organisations have become online. So, professionals with good knowledge and practices in dealing with video conferences and online calls will have an upper hand.
- Due to technological advancements, the field has become more advanced such that data analytics and artificial intelligence are used for hiring and analysis. Those who are experts in these fields can perform well.
- Branding and marketing are integral parts of Human Resources Management. Hence, a good HRM team is a core strength of every organisation and institution and presents a lot of good career opportunities for graduates.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO STUDY HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Critical thinking
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Communication skills
- A desire to collaborate
- Time management skills
- Planning skills
- Attention to detail
CAREERS IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- HR Manager
- HR Professor
- International human resources professional
- Employ education consultant
- HR Officer
- Office Manager
- Occupational psychologist
- Career adviser
- Recruitment Consultant
- Training and development officer
ELIGIBILITY TO DO A DEGREE IN HRM
Candidates who passed 10+2 with minimum marks can pursue a degree in the field.
TOP UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES IN INDIA AND ABROAD TO DO A DEGREE IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Pace University, US
- University of Canberra, Bruce
- Arden University, Germany
- University of Portsmouth, UK
- Colorado University, US
- University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Aston University, UK
- Middlesex University, Dubai
- Presidency University, India
- Sharda University, India
FAMOUS PEOPLE CONNECTED WITH HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Nandita Gujar is the Head of HR and Senior Vice President of Infosys and has been running the company to success. She has worked as a technologist and turned into an HR professional.
Saurav Gobil is the current senior VP and HR of Wipro who made the firm a reputed one in the digital world. The HR team of Wipro has remained one of its biggest strengths.
TOP INSTITUTIONS THAT EMPLOY PEOPLE IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Consulting and professional services
- Banks and financial firms
- Media institutions
- Pine Labs
- Sutra HR
- Adecco india
- Career Net
- IKYA Human capital
- Manpower group
- ABC Consultants
- AON Hewitt
- Global InnovSource
- Kelly services India