When was the last time you stayed in a hotel room? What is more attractive than the taste of the food in a hotel is the hospitality. Hotel management is the process of managing the hotel and hospitality sectors. This course covers a wide range of topics, from hotel administration to hotel and hospitality management. Hotel management is a highly job-oriented field that offers job opportunities for students both in India and abroad.
Future Scope for a Hotel Management
- According to recent statistics by the Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), there will be a 25 per cent growth in the Hotel Management Course Career in India.
- According to experts, there will be exponential growth in the hotel industry in the next 3 years from 2022.
- Hotels Sector Analysis Report states that the Indian Hotel Industry will be contributing US$ 275.2 billion to India’s GDP by 2025.
- It also stated that this industry provided 8% of jobs to Indians in the year 2019. This figure is expected to grow with time and so there is a chance of higher job opportunities for graduates.
- There is a huge demand for skilled professionals in the merchant navy and cruise ships.
- Students who are interested in the hospitality sector can also pursue air cabin crew courses.
- Airline kitchens are also a good career for hospitality graduates in terms of their pay scale.
- Graduates are recruited into the hospitality services in the Indian Navy.
- Not only tier-1 cities but also small towns and semi-urban areas are now transforming into tourist centres. In this scenario, hotel management professionals will certainly have ample employment options.
- In the post-pandemic era, the structure of the hotel management industry might change, giving rise to some new requirements like a sanitation specialist, further increasing the demand.
- Graduates in this field can work as Cruise Liners, and they are responsible for organizing parties and trips to various destinations.
- Hotel management graduates can work in Fast food restaurants, and this sector is going to develop in the coming years.
Skills Required to Study Hotel Management
- Pleasant personality
- Communication skills
- Cooking skills
- Polite attitude
- Customer-oriented approach
- Team spirit
- Good listener
- Multi-tasking ability
Careers in Hotel Management
- Kitchen chef
- Catering supervisor
- Front desk officer
- Hotel manager
- Cabin crew
Eligibility to Pursue a Degree in Hotel Management
Students who have completed their 10+2 examination under any stream can do a degree in Hotel Management.
- GNIHM JET – entrance exam conducted by Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management for admission to various hospitality courses offered by them.
- NCHMCT JEE – entrance examination conducted by National Testing Agency for admission to courses offered by National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology.
- UPSEE – state-level entrance exam conducted for various undergraduate courses in Uttar Pradesh.
Top Colleges/Universities in India and Abroad to Study Hotel Management
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- University College of Hospitality Management and Culinary Arts, Spain
- University Rovira Virgili, Spain
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, India
- Army Institute of Hotel Management, India
- Christ University, India
- Oriental School of Hotel Management, India
- UEI Global, India
- School of Hotel and Tourism, India
- International Institute of Hotel Management, India
Famous People Connected With Hotel Management
American businesswoman. She is the CEO of Preferred Hotels and Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand.
Acclaimed hotelier and one of the best-known personalities in the field of Hotel Management. Mady is the General Manager of The Beverly Hills Hotel.
Top Institutions that Employ People in this Field
- ITC Hotels
- The Taj Group of Hotels
- Marriott International
- Hyatt Hotels
- Accor Hotels
- Hilton Worldwide
- Lemon Tree Hotels
- Neemrana Hotels
- Residency Group of Hotels
- Leela Palaces and Hotels
- Oberoi Group
- Lalit Hotels
- Sarovar Hotels and Resorts