The FinTech segment has evolved rapidly over the last few years, with start-ups and other new market entrants offering innovative solutions and disrupting the entire financial services industry along the way. As a result, it has generated a lot of interest among job seekers, who are keen to pursue exciting roles in the FinTech space.
Apart from working for pure-play fintech companies, you can also work for other companies and help them with their fintech software, applications and processes.
Fintech is a data-driven sector which has many sub-categories. Some of them are:
- Personal Finance
- Capital Markets
- Wealth Management
- Money Transfer
- Real Estate and Loans
What are the career prospects in Fintech? Read on.
- Blockchain Developer: These developers build the backbone of the new age financial transactions using Blockchain systems. This job calls for server-side programming with good analytical skills. You will need to be thorough with blockchain systems end-to-end. Check out our post on Blockchain to know more about careers sepcific to this field.
- Apps Developer: With demand for mobile payment services growing, mobile fintech applications are being downloaded, installed and used by millions across the world in record numbers. With millennials using their smartphones to do peer-to-peer transactions and pay their bills, you can be an app developer who creates and designs secure and user-friendly applications.
- Financial Analyst: As a financial analyst you have to collect financial reports of your company (or a section of it) and do forecasts of its revenue. You will also have to commission business studies. With the growth of fintech, you will have to analyse data and use financial data points to help the company grow.
- Product Manager: PMs oversee the creation of fintech products from ideation to the final launch. To be a product manager you should be in the know-how of online identity, encryption, cryptography and security. You will be responsible for translating a financial service from business requirement to technical specs and manage the Product through its entire development lifecycle.
- Cybersecurity Analyst: As people’s/institution’s hard-earned money will be on the play in fintech products, cyber security will be of the utmost importance. As a cyber security analyst you will have to make sure the fintech products and services are not the target of hackers and scamsters.
Some other job roles in the Fintech industry are:
- Compliance Expert
- Business Development Manager
- Quantitative Analyst
- Data Specialist
As Fintech professionals need to always be on top of their game, leading educational institutions around the world have rolled out specific certification courses in areas such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Blockchain.